Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Real Batman

As a lot of you know, Jaybird insists that he is the REAL batman! (as is evidenced by his email address!!) Well, this past Saturday, I was at the consignment sale that is going on in Chattanooga right now. I was in the checkout line and looked to my right and saw something I knew I had to buy! There next to me was a Batman costume--complete with mask, cape, belt, and chestplate! It was marked at only $3.00. I picked it up and said, "I know a little boy who HAS to have this!" I took it home with me and Jaybird has worn it every day since! He's a hoot. I agreed whole heartedly with Sammy when he told me that was the BEST three dollars I've ever spent! :)




I thought I'd tack this on, too. This is a song that Jaybird made up one night and wanted me to capture. He used to make up songs all the time when he was little (anyone remember the Dough Boy song?!?) He stopped doing them for a while, but now it's started back. Now they are usually about God and Jesus! Too sweet! :) I'll put the words below in case anyone is having a hard time understanding him with a stuffy nose! :)


God loves us so much more than anybody loves us

He loves us more than the highest mountain

He loves us soooo much

God loves us with all His heart

More than we love Him

God loves us soooo much

More than anybody....That's the end! :)

3 comments:

JM said...

Great song! Isn't it so cool to watch "childlike faith" in action!

Unknown said...

How sweet. I hope you have that written down and in his scrap book.

MellieD said...

I loved the Jay-Bird song. It's priceless. Although, I wish he would sing a song in his batman costume.