Wednesday, May 20, 2009
The Precious Mind of My Son
Jay, Sara Grace, and I are sitting down to lunch--macaroni and cheese with a side of peaches--a very "daddy's out of town" meal for us. :) Anyway, Jay and I were discussing the amount of mac and cheese that I had. He wondered why I had more than him and Sara Grace. I told him not worry because I wasn't going to eat it all (yes, I was eating it out of the pot--Sammy's out of town! :). I told him that if I ate that much mac and cheese my belly would explode! He giggled and said, "Yeah, you'd get FAT!!" (I will pay him five dollars later for saying 'going to get fat' rather than saying 'get fatter' or something). I laughed and said, "yeah, I'd get really fat!". Then he said, "Not really, right? Only boys get fat. Girls don't get fat" (I'm attempting to disguise the amusement on my face). I said, "Oh really?" hoping he'd elaborate. He said, "I've never seen a fat girl." (Oh! The love in my heart right now!!) "I've seen a fat boy before. Actually, I've seen lots of fat boys. Boys can even get fat when they're little and when they're big (meaning age)", he says. That was about the end of the conversation. Well, at the end of lunch, I did end up finishing the mac and cheese (it SURE was good!!). I said, "uh-oh, I did eat it all!!" He got this mischievous little grin and leaned over to look under the table as if expecting my belly to look like the girl from Willie Wonka. When he was fully leaned over so he could see, he instilled the most love and pride a son can provide his momma by saying, "Nope! Still skinny!!" Ahhhh....indescribable!! Pretty sure he gets TEN dollars later!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Can I have him? Nathan and I had a conversation tonight on the way to church about why Mommy and Daddy are fat.
I love that little boy! He has such a sweet heart and he's smart. He's gotta keep believing that only boys get fat.
Post a Comment